Christmas Wreath Salad
When the gifts of Christmas sit under the tree shining bright - decorated with bows, ornaments and lights. There are Christmas decorations that fill the house, a Christmas wreath on the door to welcome guests and another Christmas wreath on the table for your mouth. Welcome to our home for the holidays!
The Christmas wreath is a tradition that has been around for a long time and was initially created from fresh evergreens. Since evergreens are green all the time, they are the obvious choice during the cold months of winter. This Christmas, give the gift of a Christmas wreath to your friends and family when everyone gathers to celebrate the holiday. Instead of evergreens on the door, use romaine lettuce to create the Christmas Wreath Salad on the table.
The arrangement of this dish creates a beautiful centerpiece and is easy to make. It is light on the stomach (and the conscience) and will bring a smile to the guests at your dinner table.
Serve joyfully this holiday season!
For the Salad:
½ cup of red cherry tomatoes cut in half
½ cup black olives
½ cup of crumble feta cheese
Half of a shallot cut in slices
¼ cup of slice almonds
Spring mix salad, spinach and romaine lettuce.
For the Dressing:
1 teaspoon of dry parsley
1 tablespoon chop fresh parsley
½ garlic head finely chop
The juice of a Lime
¼ cup of Bari’s Fig balsamic vinegar
½ cup of Bari’s Lemon infused Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Prepare dressing
· In a small mason jar add all the salad dressing ingredients, mix well.
· Set aside in the fridge.
Step 2: Prepare wreath
· To arrange the salad you will need a large round platter
· Tear the salad leaves into smaller pieces
· Arrange each leaf trying to create a circular wreath
· Add on top the tomatoes, olives, shallots, croutons, almonds and feta cheese at the end
· Slice the avocado and add to the salad.
Step 3: Serve
· Add the dressing to a small serving bowl and place in the center of the salad.
· Serve immediately.