GET STARTED: PREHEAT OVEN 375 DEGREES.
STEP 1: PREPARE Eggplant
• Peel of the skin from the eggplant and slice into 1/4 of an inch
• Layer the eggplant slices on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt (this process is to remove bitter liquid and improves flavor)
• Set aside for 20 minutes, after this time passed pat dried with a paper towel.
• Drizzle the eggplant slices with 3 tablespoon of Basil Infused Bari's Olive Oil and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
STEP 2: PREPARE Filling
• In a large bowl mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper, spinach, 2 basil leaves chopped.
• Mix well and set aside.
STEP 3: PREPARE Linguine
• Cook the linguine according to the package instructions
• Drain and drizzle with Bari Olive Oil, set a side.
STEP 4: PREPARE Bread
• While arranging the rollatini bake the Italian loaf at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
• Remove and cut into 1/4 of an inch slices and drizzle with Olive Oil, set aside.
STEP 5: ARRANGE ROLLATINI
• Spoon each layer of the filling mix into each eggplant slices, roll up tightly.
• Pour half of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 11 x 7 baking dish, place rollatini into baking dish and pour the rest of the marinara sauce and the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
• Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
• Remove from oven and let it rest for 5-8 minutes, before serving sprinkle more of the chopped basil leaves on top of rollatini.
Enjoy the eggplant rollatini with the linguini and the bread.